- There are no future events planned.
- 'Huge pressure' - Ramsay retains card with final putt
- Garcia claims hat-trick of Valderrama titles on day five
- Sport on the BBC: Best of this week's TV & radio coverage
- Valderrama Masters: Monday finish after more weather delays
- Morgan wins first professional title after 18 years
- Brooks Koepka to be world number one after CJ Cup win
- Becky Morgan & Ellie Givens share lead at Indian Open
- Bruntsfield - world's fourth oldest golf club - votes for women members after 257 years
- Laura Davies seals second senior major of 2018 after four-shot win
- Pepperell 'grinds' way to British Masters victory
Golf is a game of many parts. Sometimes it pays to take a “helicopter view” of your game , so that you can focus your attention on the areas of your game that need improvement.
This is where the Golf Analysis Wheel can help you. Commonly used by coaches, it helps you consider each area of your game in turn and assess what aspects needs more attention.
I thought this month I would offer my thoughts on putting. There may be something in the belly putter after all………………
In my experience the majority of short putts missed are down to the ball not having enough speed on it to drop often causing the ball to break off line near the hole.
The prospect of a golfing holiday sounds fantastic. The question is – how do we keep those golf swings, minds and bodies in top condition when we find ourselves at a holiday destination with no golf course for hundreds of miles? I’m sure many of us face a similar situation each year. Every year we visit Kefalonia for our family holiday. If you have ever had the opportunity to visit this beautiful island, you will appreciate other than a mini golf course in Skala there is no golf course for miles!
Since the rise of Tiger Woods in the mid-nineties, a new breed of golfers now occupy the professional circuit. Those that were already on the circuit, have started to sit up and take notice that there was more, much more, to golf than just being able to hit a nice looking golf shot.
You see pre Tiger Woods, it was fair to say the majority of golfers just practiced and played the game of golf. Now don’t get me wrong there were some fantastic players over the years (who’s records still stand and whose legends will go on) but their focus and their attention were placed mainly on the golf shots and less about the bodies that ultimately executed those golf shots. We have now hit the new era of the fitter, healthier, more athletic and psychologically enhanced golfer.
What golf gear would you recommend? What’s missing from your golf bag? Is there any golf gear or equipment you would like to hear more about or review?
We are interested to hear from you and share the latest with the Golf Monkeys!