- There are no future events planned.
- 'What Brooks said wasn't wrong' - McIlroy 'didn't need reminding' about major drought
- Woods' recovery from surgery 'ahead of schedule'
- Colsaerts ends drought with Open de France victory
- Matt Every suspended after testing positive for cannabis
- Tiger Woods says he is targeting the Tokyo Olympics as 'big goal'
- American Walker gets 58 penalty shots for breaking new rule
- 'Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on PGA Tour' - Koepka dismisses McIlroy rivalry
- Luke Willett's Challenge: All 14 Open Championship courses in 10 days... on his bike!
- From hysterectomy and wheelchairs to the PGA Cup - MacRae back after cancer diagnosis
- Ladies European Tour is 'feeder school' for American LPGA Tour
Author Archives: Peter Taylor
Golf is a game of many parts. Sometimes it pays to take a “helicopter view” of your game , so that you can focus your attention on the areas of your game that need improvement.
This is where the Golf Analysis Wheel can help you. Commonly used by coaches, it helps you consider each area of your game in turn and assess what aspects needs more attention.
You are learning to be the best golfer you can be, but this requires not only technique and physical ability, it requires mental toughness, characteristics of confidence, courage, patience, and commitment.
You can learn to master the fundamentals of the inner game.
Mental toughness (tenacity) is fundamentally about managing our fear in all its guises. ‘Fear’ or what is considered the mind-body’s natural response, alarm and unease, to the perception of not feeling ‘safe’. The key belief to adopt is “whatever happens I will handle it”.
Let’s start with one element of mastering our thoughts – ‘Outcomes Thinking’.
Whatever that is in your world, local Club Championship, Monthly Medal, the British Open. How do you apply the very best in mental skills to prepare?
Bad news first, ideally any preparation for this would need to already be in place i.e. to not do anything different that you would apply to any game, except where you are adding additional interference by thinking more about it.
Good news, I’m determined to live in the real world and give you something really useful to recognise most of you don’t have sound mental routines and habits in place and this match is one that you might start thinking about preparing.