- There are no future events planned.
- Coronavirus: LPGA Tour on hold until majority can play
- Coronavirus: World Invitational tournament will not take place in 2020
- The Open 2020: Organisers considering postponing event due to coronavirus
- 'When we do start it will be 10 weeks in a row' - Hall's fitness drive with one eye on busy end to year
- Coronavirus: 'Big challenges for Wimbledon' - Judy Murray
- Irish Open: Mount Juliet European Tour event postponed because of coronavirus
- 'I'm seeing first-hand someone stepping up' - Farr focuses on family with wife on NHS frontline
- John O'Leary: Former Irish Open winner and Ryder Cup player dies
- Graeme McDowell: Coronavirus impact on business 'scary'
- Golf courses shut in England, Wales & NI
Golf is a game of many parts. Sometimes it pays to take a “helicopter view” of your game , so that you can focus your attention on the areas of your game that need improvement.
This is where the Golf Analysis Wheel can help you. Commonly used by coaches, it helps you consider each area of your game in turn and assess what aspects needs more attention.
You are learning to be the best golfer you can be, but this requires not only technique and physical ability, it requires mental toughness, characteristics of confidence, courage, patience, and commitment.
You can learn to master the fundamentals of the inner game.
Mental toughness (tenacity) is fundamentally about managing our fear in all its guises. ‘Fear’ or what is considered the mind-body’s natural response, alarm and unease, to the perception of not feeling ‘safe’. The key belief to adopt is “whatever happens I will handle it”.
Let’s start with one element of mastering our thoughts – ‘Outcomes Thinking’.
Whatever that is in your world, local Club Championship, Monthly Medal, the British Open. How do you apply the very best in mental skills to prepare?
Bad news first, ideally any preparation for this would need to already be in place i.e. to not do anything different that you would apply to any game, except where you are adding additional interference by thinking more about it.
Good news, I’m determined to live in the real world and give you something really useful to recognise most of you don’t have sound mental routines and habits in place and this match is one that you might start thinking about preparing.